Ingredients you will need:
- 125 grams Butter (room temperature)
- 1 Egg
Ingredients in the box:
- 1 pack Sugar Mix
- 1 pack Gingerbread Cookie Mix
- 1 pack Royal Icing
- 4 packs of various sprinkles
Please note that you need to chill the dough two times to get optimum results.
Instructions for cookie dough:
- Put the butter into a mixing bowl
- Empty the contents of the Sugar Mix into the mixing bowl
- Combine the butter and sugar to form a smooth paste
- Add in the Eggs and Golden Syrup mix well
- Mix in the Gingerbread Cookie Mix
- Using your hands, bring together the mix into a dough
- Split dough into two, wrap up and place in fridge to chill for about an hour
When ready to bake:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius on a fan setting
- Line 2 cookie trays with the baking paper provided
- Place one sheet of baking paper on a flat surface
- Place your dough on the baking paper, flatten a little with your hands.
- Put another sheet of baking paper on top
- Roll out the dough between the baking paper till 5mm (or ¼ inch) thick
- Using your cookie cutter, cut your cookies
- Place cut cookies on cookie trays and place in the chiller for about 10-15 minutes
- Bake for 10-12 minutes* on the middle shelf of your oven
*As all ovens are different, you may need to adjust the baking time. Cookies will be soft to touch when you take them out of the oven, leave them to cool on the tray for about 10 minutes (they should firm up a bit) before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Put the royal icing mix into a bowl.
- Add water slowly 1 teaspoon at a time
- Mix till you get a paste that is smooth and thick like glue
- Place the royal icing into the icing bag
- Push it to the end and tie the bag so it is airtight
- When ready to decorate the gingerbread men, snip a tiny hole to allow the icing to be squeezed through.
- Please watch our video for further details on how to do this.
May these cookies bring you love, joy and happiness throughout the festive season.
*For safety reasons, all children should be supervised at all times when baking.
Flour, Baking Soda, Ginger, Cinnamon, Mixed Spice, Sugar, Icing Sugar, Egg White Powder